Thursday, October 22, 2009

Live Life to the Fullest

Life is Extremely Brief :: September 25, 2009

Depressing it is, for me to see death and tragedy related situations almost everywhere I look, though as days gone by and I learn more tragedies happened I became more enlightened than saddened.

About three weeks ago or more than that, my friend’s younger brother died. He wasn’t close to me, though since I am to his sister, I wept with her, feel for her even rather. He is of my age, and as I have attended his Nechrological Service and attend to their house days before that, I believe I have learned a lot. From different stories about him, and from bits of events that have happened during his burol.

At his burial’s mass, our priest stated in his sermon, “Many will say that when someone dies because of age or old, it is their time. But considering his, which is eighteen, elders will say he’s an angel. He has just been lent to you and now he is being taken back. But personally, if you will ask me, dying at that age, I will say it’s a loss!” and I agree with him. ‘Cause in any angle we’ll try to look at it, we’ll get nothing else but losing. His death indeed is a loss. In future, which we can now really never tell, he can be known to the field he is mastering, in which he already have a step in getting there as I have heard from lots. And as I think of his achievements while he was still with us, you’ll feel great for him. Personally, with that, I felt more fortunate that I am alive up to this very moment. Even thankful that I am still breathing, since I haven’t proved anything YET, I think.

As I have said on my last blog entry, I am currently reading the book Purpose Driven Life. And with such coincidence – though I do believe that everything happens for a reason – after his burial, I have reached the chapter that talked about death and eternity. And I quote:

“To make the best use of your life, you must never forget two truths: First, compared with eternity, life is extremely brief. Second, earth is only a temporary residence.”

I am aware with these two obvious facts, for as a Catholic, I know. And it is actually one of the thousand reasons on why my faith is firm and still getting stronger. As I believe that everything I have – even myself – were all just lent to me, I tend to live it to the fullest. So, if we’ll read that quote above again, I am somewhat on the right track. But with the words “best use”, personally, I am not sure if I have already did, well, I actually can never tell. I have somewhat done something for others, I believe, but if that was enough, I am not sure. Anyway, I am sure that I am living life to the fullest though, so, it still counts. :D

If you are the kind of person who tends to just go with the flow, I suggest you try living more. Do something that could help you live your own happily ever after, make your own fairy tale come to life, to the point that you’ll not forget that you will never be alone. Though in order to do that, you have to be sure what you really wanted to achieve in life. To cut the story short, as I say happiness to be paid attention in considering your own happily ever after, I mean NOT material things. Live today as if tomorrow will be your last day on earth. Tell your love ones that you love them. Make yourself useful to other people, in a way that they will learn from you and you will learn from them as well. 

In everything you do, anywhere you go, whatever situation or problems you have, and whatever choices you may take, remember that “God is always with you, and He will never turn his back from you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment