Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Knowing My Life Purpose

Knowing My Life Purpose :: September 9, 2009

As of the moment, I am reading the awesome celebrated book of Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life. I have not been that keen into reading it the first day I have seen it on my grandfather’s book shelf – could also be because I didn’t started at the very very first page when I tried reading it. And later, to my surprise, about a month after I have seen it, it became the talk of the town. That’s the time where I have told myself that I have to read that book no matter what! I asked friends to lend me one if they happen to have it, but unfortunately, none of them have one – and none of them seemed to have the interest to read it at that point of time. :D

I was in my last year in high school that time, and to tell you, I am now – supposedly – in my third year in college. So, yes, I totally forgot that I have seen that book I am craving for on my grandfather’s very own shelf. Go, say I am stupid, I permit you. lol

For three years, I sought for something that is obviously I already have, though you can’t blame me, because my grandfather – for some reason – has a LOT of books. I even wonder before how he sleeps with all his books compressed in his room. Well, his room isn’t big, and because his shelves were already full of books and paper works he has no other choice but to have his other books lie on his very own bed.

Well, moving on. I am back at my nainai’s house, after five long months. *sigh* (I am in here for about more than a month to be exact already, actually.) I saw the book sitting on the table in my – used to be – room. Sort of a dream that came true!! xD No, not really, but yes, I have felt joy when I saw it, and even thought to myself, “Yay! At last! I found a copy!” That’s when I – finally – remembered our first meeting three years ago, that long until I remember. ;D Guess, I am already that old to forget. LOL I am totally kidding! Teenagers with eighteen years of age, like me, are still young. :P (Sige, pililtin ko pa daw na bata pa ‘ko? xD)

Moving on, maybe it was also destined for me to see, or for me to have finally find interest to read it and at the same time found it at this point of my life. Life for me never became that easy. I have gone through different kinds of hurt – both physically and emotionally. But last year’s last quarter up to the current month was – I think – the heaviest part of my life, so far – more family problems, plus my off track education, equals a total disaster!! But with this book, I know, everything will be less miserable for me. ^_^

Well, not just for me, but also for you, actually. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment